cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10.1: Desaster Recovery of 2 Servers failes (error 0x000fed5), unable to restore system state

jens15
Level 2

Hi there!

I 'lost' 2 Servers (Win 2003/Win 2003R2) running as guests under ESX 3.5. The datastore ran full during consolidating snapshots. We were not able to recover the machines so we tried to restore them using BE.

I followed the procedure in the manual and set up a machine with same name/IP, did not join the domain and deployed SP2 and the BE agent.

Recovery fails with error 0xe000fed5

Auftrag beendet am Freitag, 24. Juli 2009 um 17:53:50
Abschlußstatus: Fehlgeschlagen
Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe000fed5 - Bei der Initialisierung für die Wiederherherstellung trat ein Fehler auf.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Ressourcenfehler

Zusätzliche Informationen zu diesem Fehler finden Sie unter der Verknüpfung V-79-57344-65237

Klicken Sie auf eine der unten aufgeführten Fehlermeldungen, um den Fehler im Auftragsprotokoll zu finden
Wiederherstellen- \\MVR01VPRINT\Shadow?Copy?Components \\MVR01VPRINT\Shadow?Copy?Components
V-79-57344-65237 - Bei der Initialisierung für die Wiederherherstellung trat ein Fehler auf. Fehler beim Schreiben der Dateidaten.
V-79-57344-65227 - Beim Zugreifen auf das Dokument der Sicherungskomponente trat ein Fehler auf.
V-79-57344-65217 - Beim Durchführen der Post-Wiederherstellung trat ein Fehler auf.
V-79-57344-65217 - Beim Versuch, den Vorgang auf \\MVR01VPRINT\Shadow?Copy?Components abzuschließen, ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.
Beim Durchführen der Post-Wiederherstellung trat ein Fehler auf.
V-79-57344-65072 - Verbindung zum Wiederherstellungsziel ging verloren. Vorgang abgebrochen.

Sorry, the server only speaks german ;)
Final error is ressource error during initialization of the recovery process (error during writing the file data)

I was able to restore the files of the server but not the system state. Without registry the desaster recovery is worthless.

How can I fix this?

Greetings,

Jens

2 REPLIES 2

jens15
Level 2
I found the solution, the VSS update rollup package (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349/en-us) must be installed after deploying SP2 to the target machine.

Jens

Hi jens

This one really saved me. Thanks alot for sharing this link.

Even my restore job completed once this hot fix is installed and server rebooted.