cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10 Open File Option - Does this work for HP Openview Server?

Not applicable
Does the BE Open File Option work for an HP Openview server? This HP Openview server contains an internal database that "goes south" if backups are run without stopping the HP Openview processes. Is OFO "Certified" for HP Openview?
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Since Backup Exec v10.0 query has been posted to Backup Exec v9.0 moderated forum, moving the post to Backup Exec v10.0 moderated forum.

Thanks.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please ignore the last reply.

We would like to know what kind of data related to HP OpenView you wish to back up.

Are you getting any errors in job log?

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

brosborough
Not applicable
With Version 9.1, any attempt to backup the Openview server, without stopping the Openview process, woud leave the Openview database in a corrupt status. This happened when using a simple remote agent (CAL) to backup the server. I'm hoping someone has knowledge that OFO would prevent this problem. I would like to backup my Openview server without stopping the processes.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello 270903526

Please update regarding the issue.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.