cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11D - E2K7 - V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied

Dave_Rutz
Level 3

Getting error: V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory .Mailbox Database and its subdirectories

Backup Exec 11D (7170 – SP4 & HF 37) on Windows 2003 (32-bit).

Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows 2008 (64-bit)

Backup to tape. Backup to disk is not an option for now.

BE configured for individual mail and folder restoration.

Unique domain backup account with all required memberships and rights (Built-in Administrators, Domain Admin, Exchange Organization Administrators, Exchange Domain Servers).

Storage groups (Mailbox & Public) are in a specific folder on a separate partition. System, Network Service, Domain Admins and the backup account (among others) have Full Control on the folder and files within.

BE Remote Agent on the E2K7 server and BE & SQL services on BE server run with Local System account. Same error if all services changed to backup account.

At the end of the backup (no verification configured), event ID 34113 is logged and shows a “The job failed with the following error: Access is denied” message.

For each V-79-57344-33928 error reported in the BE job log, there is an event ID 1000 (Faulting application remsrv.exe, version 1.0.0.34,…) shown in the E2K7 application log.

Job without GRT completes successfully.

All steps in many Symantec tech docs (306281, 289649, etc...) and others have been checked and completed.

I have read through the forums and searched for a solution all over the place…

Thanks for any ideas to get this solved!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave_Rutz
Level 3

Thanks Anup!!

That did the trick...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anup
Level 6
Certified

An attempt to run a Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) backup of the Information Store to tape for Exchange 2007 running on a Windows 2008 server fails with an "Access Denied" error.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/305539

Dave_Rutz
Level 3

Thanks Anup!!

That did the trick...

Dave_Rutz
Level 3

Now that the backup completed successfully, I'm trying to restore a single email from a user's mailbox to ensure that GRT worked. When expanding "Microsoft Information Store - First Storage Group - Backup instance - Mailbox Database", I don't see any individual mailboxes to choose from...

Anup
Level 6
Certified
Please accept this as resolved if backups completing successfully

Dave_Rutz
Level 3

Accepted

Guess I should open a new thread for the restore issue.