cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11D restoring job history files

Smithc
Level 3
Recently we had a critical server crash & we had to reinstall from scratch & restore data files.
I tried to restore the BE directory but no luck,  ended up having to revert back.
I saw an article on the web that the XML files are all we need to restore the history logs.  I tried this as well, but it also didn't help me to see the job history.
Is there any other way to get back the job history files without having to restore the full BE directory? Any help please

Smith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
Well, try this
You need to restore BEDB.bak and use BEutility to recover the database and restore the xml files in the data folder
The database has the pointer to the files on disk. But if you have been running backup for a while after the crash I would not perform these steps

Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

do you want job logs OR job history, configuration....etc?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
The XML files in the data folder are the Job Logs.

However the job history - which includes the records in the lower pane of the job monitor screen along with the details that re shown on the Job History Tab when you review a completed instance of a job are part of the Becakup Exec database - so you wil need to restore an old database to get this informatiopn back.

If you only need the job logs then the XML files are good enough - except they won't be asscoiated into the BE console - because the Baxckup Exec Database contains the references to where they are - as such you will have to review them manully in Internet Explorer and accept that the formatting will bbe incomplete.

Marksw
Level 5
Well, try this
You need to restore BEDB.bak and use BEutility to recover the database and restore the xml files in the data folder
The database has the pointer to the files on disk. But if you have been running backup for a while after the crash I would not perform these steps

Mark