cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d - Backup SharePoint 2007

Bkeith
Level 3
 Hi all,
Got BE 11d, build 7170. We also have a SharePoint 2007 agent (alongside others such as SQL and Exchange). However I am having problems in setting up the backup for SharePoint 2007 / MOSS 2007. Whilst I obviously know the server name for the MOSS installation, it's standalone, and as such I simply don't know the 'server farm' name.
Anyone know where I can get the server farm name from?

Keith
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Hello keith,

You can give it any farm name you want. Just make sure you have pushed the 7170 remote agent to all the server that are part of the farm (sql server, front end web server, etc) Once this is done typically when you open backup exec you will get an alert that a share point farm has been detected and you should see it in you selection. Also make sure the remote agents have there publishing setup to publish back to the media server

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
 Hello keith,

You can give it any farm name you want. Just make sure you have pushed the 7170 remote agent to all the server that are part of the farm (sql server, front end web server, etc) Once this is done typically when you open backup exec you will get an alert that a share point farm has been detected and you should see it in you selection. Also make sure the remote agents have there publishing setup to publish back to the media server

Harry

Bkeith
Level 3
 Thanks Harry,
It's just not happening. We can backup the SQL and other file on the MOSS server, but we can't get BE to see that it's actually a SharePoint installation.
There's no updates avaliabel using LiveUpdate so I really have no idea.

Keith

THarry
Level 5
 Yes you have to be running 11d build 7170 with HOTFIX 6. If you dont have hotfix 6 installed. get it. Install it on the media server and then re-push the agents to all server on the sharepoint farm

Harry