cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d does not send out e mail notifications

ZGoggins
Level 5

BE 11d will send test notification but not a notification when the job finishes. I have verified updates are installed and I have tried disabling the option of including the job log. Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Did you try going through my article below? If not, here's the link, this may help you identify the exact problem area and fix it!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/troubleshooting-email-notifications-backup-exec

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

The link below looks like it addresses your particular issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47425

Thanks!

ZGoggins
Level 5

both are great articles but do not help me. Like stated earlier I CAN recieve test notifications but CAN'T recieve notifications when the job is done. Both articles do not address this particular issue. I have verified that the recipients are checked to recieve alerts that pertain to a job completing or failing. Any other ideas?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you tried to deselect the users and then reselect them?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you paste the SGMOn debug (as outlined in the first article)...secondly, is the notification configured to be sent with a job log ? if yes, do you receive the notification without the job log ?

ZGoggins
Level 5

What would the point be to paste the SGMO debug file? The test notification sends so there will be no errors to report.

I have tried to deselect the users and then reselect them.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Try this...

1. Create a new test backup job (just a couple of files selected) with email notifications configured.

2. Schedule that job to run after 5 mins.

3. Enable SGMon debugging.

4. Wait for the job to run and complete.

5. Check if you received the email notification? (since this is not a test notification, it may not send the notification)

6. a. If you receive the email notification for this job, may be, your existing backup job is corrupt and may need to be re-created. Hold schedule on your existing backup job and try creating a new job with same settings, selections, etc. Wait to see if the new job delivers notification.. 

6. b. If you do not receive the email notification for this job, check the SGMon log for any "Notify return code" mentioned? paste the code here / search for a solution in SymWISE