cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi,

We have BE 11d v11.0 Rev 6235,   I want backup windows systems share folders in the network. Now i can't access the windows systems in backup server. I need to install any Remote agent on windows server?

or How to i access windows system from backup server?

- vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

RAWS  = Remote Agent for Windows Systems

This a for cost option.  That is, you must purchase one for each remote system you want to backup 

Since v11 is so old, Symantec will no longer sell you one.  You may find these older Agents on the Auction sites  (E-Bay, Craigs List, etc)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can backup via a user-defined share, but either way you need a RAWS agent. You need to contact your reseller for a RAWS agent which you can then load on your media server, and push-install to this remote server in question.

From there, open a selection list and select what you want to backup. Much easier this way.

Thanks!

vigneshwaran
Level 6

RAWS Agent is available in symantec downloads?

or Any other way to access the share folders from media server?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

RAWS  = Remote Agent for Windows Systems

This a for cost option.  That is, you must purchase one for each remote system you want to backup 

Since v11 is so old, Symantec will no longer sell you one.  You may find these older Agents on the Auction sites  (E-Bay, Craigs List, etc)

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi Ken,

What is the License cost of agent?

Any other way is available for add the server?

- vicky

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Any other way is available for add the server?

No other way apart from the ones mentioned in the 1st post

BE 11d v11.0 Rev 6235

Rev 6235 is BE11 whereas Rev 7170 is BE11d

Just in case if you want to upgrade to BE12, BE12.5 or BE2010 than you have to be at Rev 7170 (BE11d)

vigneshwaran
Level 6

So what is the cost of upgrade to BE12.5?

What is the latest version of BE?

-vicky

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Since you original post has been answered could you open a new thread for the above questions.