cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Configuring Partitions

JHudson
Level 4
I set up my D2D server in BE 12.5 with two partitions - one for daily differentials and the other for weekly full backups.  I have the D2D set with 24 slots.  One through three go to daily differentials and four through twenty-four go to weekly full backups.  I would like to change the partition to slots one and two for daily differentials and the rest for weekly full backups.  Is there any way to do this without losing all of my data?  Can I blow away the partitions within BE 12.5, set up new partitions, reassign the jobs, and have all of the data left in the slots?

The system will allow me to create a new partition of just slot number three, but I can't move that (seemingly anyways) into the full backup slots.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
 The data will still be left on the tapes, the tapes will still be in the same media sets - so won't be overwritten unless they should be - so your data will be safe and your catalogs - which are linked to media names not partitions will remain as well.

The only problem you will have is you will probably have to edit each job - put the job to all devices then correct your partitions and then edit each job again to put the jobs back to the correct partitions afterwards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
 The data will still be left on the tapes, the tapes will still be in the same media sets - so won't be overwritten unless they should be - so your data will be safe and your catalogs - which are linked to media names not partitions will remain as well.

The only problem you will have is you will probably have to edit each job - put the job to all devices then correct your partitions and then edit each job again to put the jobs back to the correct partitions afterwards.