cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 DLO won't work online

Headbone
Level 2

Using BE 12.5 on Windows Server 2003 Small Business.  DLO will sometimes work, sometimes not.  It has been in the 'not' category for several weeks now.  DLO on desktops, which are always connected to the network and always on, and laptops, some of which stay here and some of which are mobile and here about every other day, are backing up locally, but won't backup to the network.  Status is 'working offline'.  If I click 'work online', it immediately switches back to 'working offline.'  I've tried refreshing, closing and reopenning, rebooting machines . . . no dice.  To find out if the machines are able to talk to the server, I tried making a configuration change to the DLO on the server, and then refreshed the DLO on my desktop.  It picked up the configuration changes, so it is clearly talking to the server, yet still won't backup over the network.  My backups write to an external hard drive, which I've checked on the server to make sure there is not a media connection problem, and I can access the drive and the ClientBackup folder and corresponding subfolders with no problem.  PLEASE HELP!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Make sure that Disable Network Backup option is unchecked under connection policy settings of your DLO profile.

Best Regards..

Headbone
Level 2

Kiran,

Thanks for the response.  The DLO is set to 'Limit bandwidth to 1500 KB/Sec.'  Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Craig