cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Deploying SQL Agent Issue

BckupNoob
Level 2
Hi,

Firstly, my apologies of this has been asked before, I tried to look through the threads but could not find anything that related to what I needed.

We have recently purchased BE 12.5 and started to deploy it to our servers.  The main media server is W2008, and I have managed to deploy the client to our AD server, File Server and MS Exchange.  However when trying to deploy the agent to an SQL 2008 server it installs but I do not get any visibility to the Instances or Databases.

I have made sure the same service account that BE uses also exists and has privileges on the SQL server.

Any ideas most welcome.

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is SQL clustered? If clustered, check the virtual node for SQL selections. Make sure, you are looking at correct node in the backup selections and also remote agent service must be started with "local system account". Also, when adding this remote sql server to BE selections, did you use user defined selections or browsed it from under domains?

Thanks

BckupNoob
Level 2
 Hi,

After looking at your comments I double-checked a few things and discovered the service account that was being used by the BE server did not have the right level of permissions.  Once changed it worked as I expected.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Chris.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Please mark it as a solution, for future reference by others.

Thanks