Level 2
Partner

Just installing a fresh installation of BE 12.5

System:

Windows 2003, R2, SP2 (all Hotfixes), 64-bit

Exchange 2007, SP1 (all Hotfixes), 64-bit

BE 12.5 64-bit

Backup to Disk (Netapp Storage System)

When trying to backup the complete System (incl Exchange Message Stores)

it´s taking an error with e00002f7 - extract of mailbox messages out of the Exchange Backup isn´t possible (translated from german)

Also a link to V-79-57344-759 (which isn´t existent)

what ist the fault?

greetings from germany

Lutz rahe

10 REPLIES 10

jlax1124
Level 3

I am having the same issue, just upgraded to 12.5, need to restore a mailbox, and I'm getting the same error with no explanation

Symantec - help please?

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Check Management tools version on both server. It should be same. If not then update it.

Check beremote.exe version  on both servers. If not update remote agent.

jlax1124
Level 3
I have .2213.101 on both, I've just loaded a hotfix down from LiveUpdate, and applied to both, but it wants me to reboot the exchange server, which I can't at this time of day.

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Management Console version should look like this..

here it is different
-----------------------------
08.01.0291.001 on media server
08.01.0240.006 on Exchange server

You can also check ese.dll..because they also refers to same 

JE_Empire
Not applicable

We have the same problem with a BE 12.5 fresh install to a new server.

Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-1213 The database page size does not match the engine. '

Backup Server:  W2008 x86

Mail Server:  W2008 x64, Exchange 2007 SP1

The Exchange Management Console:  V08.01.0291.001 (both servers)

Backup Exec: V12.5 R2213 (all agents up to date)

We produced this error during a Backup-to-Disk test from mail to local backup server DAS.

Does anyone know how to fix?  Symantec??

Thanks

Jason

Anup
Level 6
Certified

EXCH:GRT: OPEN DATABASE FAILED: -1213 The database page size does not match the engine. http://support.veritas.com/docs/304110

Is B2D created on a NAS box? Try to backup to local NTFS drive. 

Lutzrahe
Level 2
Partner

Hi

The device for Backing up is a "Netapp" filer with ~2TB

No chacne for Backing onto a "local disk" cause the system is a virtual in a VMWare server

Greetigs

Lutz

dfalcon
Not applicable

We are getting something very similar to this when backing up to disk (SAN.)  Our backup to tape job is working fine.

Here is the message we are receiving on the backup-to-disk job:

Backup- \\cacmail1.commaction.org\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I got the same error with Backup Exec v12.5.  Earlier I backupped to Lacie Ethernet rackmountable Disk (2TB - Windows based OS) - no problem here with backupping Exchange 2007 with GRT enabled.  Last week I bought a Netgear ReadyNAS 1100 series (Linux based OS) and I got the same error as mentioned here above.  So my guess it has something todo with type of file transfer between backup server and backup media.  The LaCie ethernet uses SMB and the Netgear uses CIFS.

Backup- \\DCMX01\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

Backup- \\DCMX01\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group

When I try a Backup to a local NTFS-disk no problem at all backupping Exchange with GRT enabled.  Backup to local disk with duplicate to NAS-disk succeeds also.   Does anyone have a solution for backupping straight to the NAS-disk?

Greetings from Belgium

Wouter - WoCom

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Please refer to below technote

Exchange Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) based backups may receive a jet database error -528 when backing up to a remote Backup to Disk folder (B2D) that is located on a NAS device

http://support.veritas.com/docs/305877