cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 + LD 8.5 + Win 2008 64b?

Lukas_Cada
Level 2
Hello community,
we just plan to upgrade our Lotus Domino (LD) server to version 8.5. We intend to move the LD server onto another server, with 64b version of Windows 2008 Server DataCenter edition. Thus I am checking compatibility of the LD server with Backup Exec 12.5 LD agent.

In the most recent (from 21.5.2009) software compatibility list (SCL) to the BE 12.5 I have found that:
1. LD 8.0 is supported only in 32b version and on Win 2008 32b only
2. LD 8.0.1 and LD 8.0.2 are supported only in 64b version and only on Win 2008 64b only

My questions are: What about the LD 8.5? Is the point #2 valid also for next versions? Is the combination of the LD 8.5 64b, BE 12.5 LD agent, and Windows 2008 Server 64b supported?

And some more questions: What about compatibility with Endpoint Protection 11 running on that server? The BE 12.5 SCL says that only 32b version is supported only. The SEP SCL says that 32b and 64b versions are OK. What is the truth?

Thank you for ensuring me. Have a nice day.
Sincerely, Lukas Cada.

Lukas Cada
IT manager
SCHOTT Electronic Packaging Lanskroun Czech republic
lukas.cada@schott.com
+420 465 350 196
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Lukas,

Currently Lotus Domino 8.5 is not supported by Backup Exec 12.5. 

As for SEP, Backup Exec has only been tested with the 32bit version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Lukas,

Currently Lotus Domino 8.5 is not supported by Backup Exec 12.5. 

As for SEP, Backup Exec has only been tested with the 32bit version.

Lukas_Cada
Level 2
Thanks, Ben. That is a bad news. Is there any chance that it will be supported by this August?
Lukas

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Lukas,
I'm honestly not sure, I haven't seen anything come across saying when 8.5 will be supported.

Lukas_Cada
Level 2
Thanks again, Ben. Could you please push somehow your development team to support it soon? ;) Although I assume that they are working on that I would like to ask you to ask them for it from your position. Thank you for any help. Lukas