cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 - Problem Connecting Remotely

Khue
Level 4

I had some issues over the weekend with backup exec. I came in this morning and realized that some backups did not complete. I am attempting to connect to the Backup Exec server remotely from my desktop (as I have always done) and it's telling me that BE services are currently stopped. When I log into the BE server itself, I can start up the management agent just fine and see that it is business as usual inside of the server. I have checked the firewall status on the server and verified that everything is ok. I have also checked and verified that the connection to the server is fine as well. What's strange is this is the status after I rebooted the Backup Exec server completely, not just stop/start services. Any ideas what's preventing my desktop workstation from being able to connect to the BE server (read, this is not a network issue; firewall service is disabled I can RDP/RPC to the Win2k3sp2 server).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Khue
Level 4

I figured it out. Beremote.exe needed to be manually killed from task manager. Once I killed the executable and restarted the service everything began to work as expected. We will just file this under RTFM. Thanks to anyone who read this. I appreciate it.

Edit: The service is named Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Khue
Level 4

I figured it out. Beremote.exe needed to be manually killed from task manager. Once I killed the executable and restarted the service everything began to work as expected. We will just file this under RTFM. Thanks to anyone who read this. I appreciate it.

Edit: The service is named Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems.