Thiago_Paiva
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

I have some simple questions. I started to work recently with BE

I use BE 12.5 SP3.

Can you help?

Question 1

I created a media vault, to put some tape that was not using.

Getting the media vault tapes and return to the media set?

Question 2

I have a tape library that is not a cleaning tape.

I useable media LTO3 or LTO4 normal and check the option of cleaning it and after that change the type of media to CLN?

Question 2

if there is cleaning media which problems may occur?

Question 3

Someone from the community would have some control spreadsheet daily to pass me?

Question 4

some tapes in the Dell TL4000 tape library has bar code and others do not.

Is there a way to change it?

For example, I put a label that I want?

sorry so many questions, but I look forward to.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I guess English is not your first language so your questions are a bit difficult to understand.  However, I would try to answer them as best as I can.

Q4

It is better to use barcode labels for all your tapes.  Put barcode labels on them and on the configuration tab of the library properties check the Enable barcode rules checkbox.

Q1

You should import the tapes when they are returned from the media vault.

Q2

When you put a cleaning tape into a library, you should check the cleaning slot checkbox in the properties of the slot in which you place the cleaning tape.  The barcode label for the cleaning tape should follow your barcode rules for the library.  For example, if your barcode rules says that cleaning tape labels begin with CLN then the cleaning tape label should begin with CLN.  There should not be any problem if you put a cleaning tape in your library in addition to your normal tapes.

Q3

I don't understand your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I guess English is not your first language so your questions are a bit difficult to understand.  However, I would try to answer them as best as I can.

Q4

It is better to use barcode labels for all your tapes.  Put barcode labels on them and on the configuration tab of the library properties check the Enable barcode rules checkbox.

Q1

You should import the tapes when they are returned from the media vault.

Q2

When you put a cleaning tape into a library, you should check the cleaning slot checkbox in the properties of the slot in which you place the cleaning tape.  The barcode label for the cleaning tape should follow your barcode rules for the library.  For example, if your barcode rules says that cleaning tape labels begin with CLN then the cleaning tape label should begin with CLN.  There should not be any problem if you put a cleaning tape in your library in addition to your normal tapes.

Q3

I don't understand your question.

Thiago_Paiva
Level 2
Partner

You're right.

My English is very bad, but I'm studying hehehehehe

'm from Brazil

thank you for answering, I will do what he suggested

tks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

> My English is very bad, but I'm studying hehehehehe

That's the way to go.  Don't be shy.

> thank you for answering, I will do what he suggested

If my answer has help you, you should have marked my answer as the solution rather than you answer.