Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Suddenly jobs gets Queued ,Tape on idle

SSDD
Level 2
Hi
Got a problem  at  one of my customers
We are Running an BE 12.5 on W2008 w32  and got  a HP Autoloader 1/8 G2  ,all stuffed with the the latest drivers/firmware 
Problem :
Create any type of job  ,Inventory ,Scan ,Backup , All get status Queued , looking at the Device tab you can see the HP flashes "In use" for a few seconds now and then
Nothing else happends. You have to cancel em ,They will not return any error /failure mess.

Now.
If we shut down all BackupExec services and start the HP Diag/test/tool kit nothing is wrong ,,, Write/ Read /move , alls works swell ...
Also..
The box is a DL180 with the latest Firmware ..

And now
Does any one got a Clue What to test/check next

Fair Winds Lars
Sweden

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

We've got a few of these in production and I cannot wait to get rid of them.
We have had the same issues, and this was fixed by replacing the drive. For some reason. no errors had shown...replacing the drive fixed it.
Get hold of HP's Library and Tape Tools from their website, run it and see if it shows any errors.
From a Windows perspective, check to make sure RSM isn't started up (Removable Storage service).

Laters!

SSDD
Level 2
Thanks CraigV for your fast answer...

But W2008 doesnt got a RMS service ,(As I know of ) and its just the HP lib. and tape tool  I've been using, and it it kan write/read/move tape as it should = No Errors  there. OR ?!?!?!

Fair Winds La

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Then I would suggest doing the following:

1. Uninstall your autoloader from BEWS and then from WIndows.
2. Shut down both the server, and then the autoloader before disconnecting it from the server.
3. boot up the server completely, which will allow it to detect there is no device attached to the SCSI port.
4. Shut down the server, connect up the autoloader and start it up. After 1 minute to allow for the starup procedure to complete...
5. Start up the server. Check Device Manager and make sure it's showing, and then run the Device Configuration Wizard and install the drivers again.

One quick thing...is this autoloader connected to its own stand-alone card? Or to a RAID controller/SCSI card that hosts HDDs as well?

Laters!