cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Unable to Backup

ITMan
Not applicable

I have installed backup exec ver 12.5 onto my windows 2003 sp2 standard edition server. this server is a terminal server.

The installation completed with no errors.

However, ever since the product was installed it failed to backup.

The device being backed up to is a Sony AIT3. before installing on this server, I had BE10 installed, this worked reliably for some time, I had to upgrade as one of our software packages was upgraded and needed to use SQL 2005, which BE 10 could not work with. so I uninstalled ver 10 from the server restarted, then installed 12.5 Quick start edition, (do not need to backup SQL - just flat files). Backup has not worked since. have upgraded FW on the tape drive. have replaced Tapes, (one of the group of errors recieved were read/write failures) now the tape drive has been marked Offline. and the only way to recover from this is to power down the server and reboot.

when I try to backup, the software appears to look for any excuse not to work.

I have removed the tape drive and reinstalled it. I have run all diagnostic test on the drive from the sony tape tools, and all pass, except after I run BE then the drive goes to and error condition and I need to power cycle the server.

I have used BE for many years, but it does seem that this new version has issues.

I am unable to get any support without purchasing additional support, which I feel should be included on new installations. I am seriously considering alternative backup solutions.

Help!!!!

0 REPLIES 0