cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 and Exchange

BPK63
Level 3
Dumb question maybe but I just want to be sure.  Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, Backup Exec 12.5.  When I select the information store I know it's also getting the transaction logs and flushing the old ones.  I'm being asked to make sure it is also backing up the checkpoint files?  Besides a full monthly server backup, when I select the information store, which is backed up nightly, am I getting everything I need to restore Exchange if I need to?  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Yes...when you select the Information Store using the agent, it flushes your logs (unless you use AOFO and then you run the risk that you won't), and makes sure that THAT is all you need.
I have been told to back up the metabak folder in c:\windows\system32, so I do that as well.
Using the agent to back up the Exchange IS, I have successfully recovered a crashed server, so it is possible.
You can also include the server's System State if you want to restore that at any stage.

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Hi,

Yes...when you select the Information Store using the agent, it flushes your logs (unless you use AOFO and then you run the risk that you won't), and makes sure that THAT is all you need.
I have been told to back up the metabak folder in c:\windows\system32, so I do that as well.
Using the agent to back up the Exchange IS, I have successfully recovered a crashed server, so it is possible.
You can also include the server's System State if you want to restore that at any stage.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi,

Any news here? Has this helped at all, and if so can you close this off as a solution...?