cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 error E00084AF

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

Hi, I am having a fault with a SQL database that I moved from SQL 2000 to 2008 and it nolonger backs up correctly. If I run a new job with the same settings all is fine, no faults, but the daily job still fails? strange.

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Open the selection list for the daily backup Job --click on selection detail --remove the text point to the Sql database --make the selection again and try runing the job it should work fine .

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

I will try this, but is there any reasoning behind removing and re-adding the DB to the backup list that will resolve this issue?

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well might be a cause with corrupt selection list ...as you said when you create a new job with same setting it runs fine ... Also its recommended not to use the AOFO option when backing up database for which you have agent i,e Exchange , SQl ,etc

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using SQL 2008 R2?  If so, it is only supported by BE 2010 R2, not BE 2010 or earlier.

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

Nope, Removing and re-adding the DB from the backup list did not work.

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

No, I am running SQL server 2008 Standard and SQL 2000 Enterprise.

It backs-up the DB in question just fine if its run on a seprate job that has the same settings, and its only an issue with the CRM DB's as we have about another 30 DB's that are all backed up just fine.