cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 install options and license keys does nothing

Dominic_Moore
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to add the IDR option to a Windows 2003 R2 x64 install of BE12.5 sp4 but when I select that option from the Tools menu a small window brielfy appears and disappears and then nothing else happens. The Change option from add/remove programs also does nothing. Is there a way to run it directly from the program folder or another fix?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dominic_Moore
Level 4

Solved. A number of Windows installer files (randomly named MSI/MSP) had been archived from C:Windows\Installer (hidden system folder) to make more space on the system drive. Copying them back allowed the options installer to run successfully.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Dominic,

I'd personally start with a repair of the BEDB. Open up BEutility.exe and right-click your server name before choosing the option to repair the BEDB. Once done, try running the wizard again from the Tools menu.

Thanks!

Dominic_Moore
Level 4

Hi,

I tried that, but no change. I also downloaded a fresh copy of the install and that would not run (nothing happened when running the installer from the CD browse menu).

Thanks

lmosla
Level 6

If you have any antivirus runing on the machine stop it and then try again.

also check for errors in the BKUPINST.HTM located in

Windows Server 2003 and prior  :   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\ 

Windows Server 2008  :   C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\

Dominic_Moore
Level 4

Solved. A number of Windows installer files (randomly named MSI/MSP) had been archived from C:Windows\Installer (hidden system folder) to make more space on the system drive. Copying them back allowed the options installer to run successfully.