cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 SBS. Does not meet License Requirements

BobHobbs
Level 2

1. I downloaded and installed the evaluation version of BE on my SBS Standard server.  I was able to backup the server and everything worked the way I expected.  Sharepoint and Active Directory were backed up along with all files.

2. I purchased the BE SBS software and entered the license key.  The next backup produced two Sharepoint errors related to the "Configuration DB" and the "Team DB 1."  The error is "e000fefl - The device cannot be found."

3. Licence Assessment tool now reports that I need to purchase two additional licenses.  One for :Active Directory Recovery Agent" and one for "Agent for Microsoft Sharepoint." 

4. AOFO is enabled. Disabling it has no effect on the "Resource Credentials" Test that now fails on "Configuration DB" and the "Team DB 1" with a "Resource not found" message.

5. Continuous Protection Server was not installed with the evaluation download and has not been installed since receiving the SBS CD's.

6. It would appear I did something wrong somewhere. Now I need to know how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Did you purchase a license for the Sharepoint Agent and the Active Directory Agent?  These options aren't standard with a SBS license of Backup Exec. 

BobHobbs
Level 2

The only thing I have purchase is the BE SBS software.   Since BE SBS includes Intelligent Disaster Recovery I assumed that I didn't need anything else to completely protect my SBS server and I was very suprised at the results of the License Assessment report.  I also note that the "Remote Agent for WIndows and Netware Servers" is running as an evaluation copy.  I am confused!

The problem with the"Configuration DB" and "Team DB 1" have "gone away." I cancelled the existing backup job and created a new one.  The new job does not include these two items and they are not available to select even if I wanted to include them.