cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 - Windows Server 2008 enabled ?

Timo_Schoenfeld
Level 4

Hi all,

is BE12 really Server 2008 ready ?? I don't thing so. Problems over problems with BE12 under Win2008.

1. Live Update will not run as long UAC is enabled. Disable it and your LUL-Probs will gone. Why is this not mentioned anywhere

2. Extrem problems with our ADIC library (Scalar 100) attached to Adaptec SCSI. Since one week we're only run backup to Disk, because BE12 is unable to communicate withe library. Symptoms:

When the Backupjob begins, BE takes a media out of the mediapool for the Backup, there are appendable tapes inside the mediapool. After loading the tape into the library, BE unloads the media and moves the media in the retired media pool. Now I have the medianumber twice in BE, once in the pool retired media, signed as online, and once in the mediapool for the backup, signed as offline. This is done with all media inside the mediapool for the backup. After all media is moved to “retired media” through BE, BE starts to take media out of the pool “Scratched Media”, erased and labeled before. But again all these tapes are moved to “retired media”, so that at the end of these procedure no media is available for BE, and BE asks me to import media.

All Firmware and so on are the newest.

Nice eh ?? Please post your probs with BE12 under Win2008. Maybe Symatec will do more, than the do in the moment for me. My Case was esclated into US, but still now my phone remains quite.

Regard Timo

1 REPLY 1

JRink
Level 3

I am running into this as well I think...  I have been trying to run Live Update on my Win2008 server with zero success.  After turning UAC off, Live Update works.  Geez.

JR