cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 15 FP4 quick catalog problem

WIITS
Not applicable

After recently upgrading from FP3, we decided to swap some of our job catalog options from "run immdiately after backup" to "quick catalog".    

We noticed that after this change, some systems we are unable to browse through individual files to do file-level restores....I understand that searching is not possible, but I was under the impression that I would be able to see a list of files after the catalog info was read in from the backup set.    I see a little"getting quick catalog" type indicator when I browse, but it goes away in a couple seconds, and is not pulling in any file information, just directories.

This doesn't seem to be a problem with every system we quick catalog, but of course it happened on a system we needed to restore a file from, ended up restoring from a week earlier, before we upgraded to FP4 and turned on quick cataloging.  All backup jobs are green, no warnings or errors about unable to do GRT backups on these systems, so it seems like the quick catalog ought to be working.

Is this a bug, or am I just not understanding the capabilities of the quick catalog function correctly?    

I think I am going to go back to cataloging immediately after the job completes, it takes longer but seems more reliable.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions....

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I think you shoud log a formal support case so we can see what happened. We we need to understand eveything about the exact scenario and I suspect we would need a lot of very specific details.