cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 15 licenses

Shahin
Level 6

Hi Carig,

We did run the upgrade to R3 and it says completed successfully but we must reboot the server I will do it tonight after office hours.

I will plan en upgrade to BE 15 but I must first see how the licenses must be upgraded.

Thanks you for you support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You cannot upgrade BE 2010 R2 to BE. You need to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 SP4 first. Also, your media server needs to be a 64-bit machine because BE 15 requires this. If you do not enter the BE 15 licence file during the upgrade, the resultant BE 15 will be in trial mode. You will have 60 days to input the licence file. Otherwise, ask your backups/restores will not work after this period

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

You'd log onto your customer portal and request new BE 15 licenses if you have current maintenance. Otherwise contact a reseller to get you a quote if you don't.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Login to myveritas.com and check.

Alternatively, you could call 1 (866) 837-4827

Shahin
Level 6

Thanks for your reply,

Can we Exchange license backup exchange 2010 and 2013?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The Exchange licence only unlock the capability to backup Exchange. Whether a particular version of Exchange can be backed up depends on the version of BE that you are using. Check the SCL for that version of BE

Shahin
Level 6

Thank you for your reply,

I did check the SCL, just to be sure,

1. I can upgrade our BE 2010 Re SP4 that is running on a server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterpris  directly to BE15.

2. We will need new BE 15 licenses when upgrading to BE 15.

3. with the BE 15 we can backup: Exchange 2010 en Exchange 2013. Active directory 2008 R2 and 2012 R2.

4. Use BE 15 windows Agent to backup our shares on server 2008R2 and server 2012 R2.

can you please confirm this?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes to everything, except that you cannot backup an AD on Server 2012 R2. To do so, your media server needs to be on Server 2012 R2

Shahin
Level 6

HI PKH,

Thank you  for your update,

just one more question,

can we upgrade our qurent BE 2010 R2 to BE 15 with a trail license? or this is not possible?

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Unless you have the license file available, an upgrade will be for a 60-day trial. You would then need to add the license in post-installation.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You cannot upgrade BE 2010 R2 to BE. You need to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 SP4 first. Also, your media server needs to be a 64-bit machine because BE 15 requires this. If you do not enter the BE 15 licence file during the upgrade, the resultant BE 15 will be in trial mode. You will have 60 days to input the licence file. Otherwise, ask your backups/restores will not work after this period