cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 20.2 Reports DISAPPEARING

erickt
Level 3

I'm having a quirky issue that has been around since BE16.    I made two reports to track daily and weekly backups, and for awhile they worked fine, then they just disappeared from the upcoming list.   But....they didn't really disappear.   I just can't see them, they still run, but they generate failure errors.

"The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding."

The report however does get created, attached to an email and sent.   Now here's where it gets odd.   So my reports vanished, I recreated them (slightly different report name).  Again, they worked okay, then those disappeared too.   Now I'm getting twice as many reports, and twice as many failure notices in my email about them.I can't edit them or delete them because both sets have vanished from the upcoming list.   They're still there though....SOMEWHERE.

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

please open a support case. I know of one other support case and need more info when this happens.

bert_geiger
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi erickt,

did you ever get a solution?

I have the exact same problem since the 17th of February 2023...

I am running BE 21.4 independently on two Windows Servers 2019 Datacenter in German. Before that date the reports ran as they should on both BE Servers, but since then the Overnight Summary job is created twice (probably because I tried it again) and shows the same error: The  job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

The report runs according to schedule but is not visible in either See Upcoming nor in See Completed. But a further report "Disk Storage Summary Weekly" is seen in Upcoming and Completed and runs correctly!

Before that date all the reports ran OK (they are still visible in the Reports Tab). A DB Consistency Check showed no problems...

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Bert