cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BE 2010 Agent for SharePoint 2010 push install error ?

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to know if the Backup Exec 2010 Agent is currently support SharePoint Server 2010 ?
my configuration is single server deployment which consists of:

1. Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64
2. SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
3. SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise x64

the push install failed like in the screenshot below:

is it possible to manually install the RAWS agent in the server without the push install ?

note: firewall is always OFF in the Server 2008.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Albert,

No, there is no Sharepoint 2010 support at the moment (check out the Backup Exec 2010 Admin Guide).
As for backing up Sharepoint, I would also suggest reading up on the tech article below on Sharepoint Best Practices in Backup Exec:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/340858.htm

Laters!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Symanticus
Level 6
is it possible to backup the SharePoint site or items without purchasing the SQL Server agent license ?

CraigV
Hi Albert,

No, there is no Sharepoint 2010 support at the moment (check out the Backup Exec 2010 Admin Guide).
As for backing up Sharepoint, I would also suggest reading up on the tech article below on Sharepoint Best Practices in Backup Exec:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/340858.htm

Laters!

Symanticus
Level 6
thanks Craig for the reply.

Cheers.

CraigV
...it also doesn't mean Symantec don't mean to roll out support with a patch, or in a service pack...so check for announcements either on the Symantec website, or the forums around this...

Symanticus
Level 6
yes, that does make sens, i suppose the backup agent can be downloaded separately rather than the whole lot > 1 GB

Peter_Imming
Level 2
Employee Accredited
Hello

Let us know if you are interested in testing the new Backup Exec 2010 R2 Beta that has SharePoint 2010 support.

Just send an email to bebeta@symantec.com to let us know if you are interested in helping us test it.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Imming
Product Manager, Backup Exec
peter_imming@symantec.com

Symanticus
Level 6
ok, will do it.
Thanks Peter for your reply :)