Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 - Continuous Protection Server --- LICENSE *******

Renato_Pereira
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

we have BE 2010 Midia server (MULTISERVER) with 2 Agents (Windows Agent + Exchange) to backup the FILESERVER (FS01) and EXCHANGE 2007 (MAILSERVER) servers.

Since our E.R.P system use to many/large files (.dbf as database for Foxpro language) and we need realtime protection for those, we are planning to buy a new server with W2k8 from Dell and use it as the PROTECTION SERVER - the FILESERVER will act as 'BUSINNESS SERVER' in that case.

>>> Is there another specific AGENT for CPS or we need buy only another BE-Windows Agent for the new server?? Or we need buy another solution?

tks,

Renato P

6 REPLIES 6

_linus
Not applicable

Hi Renato!

Media Server - Backup Exec Server License (which you have already)

Exchange Server - MS Exchange Agent (which you already have)

File Server - Agent for Windows Systems (which you already have)

New Server - Buy another Agent for Windows Systems, that should do the trick as long as your main interest is just dbf's

Also if you change server roles and need to move the license from one server to other there's no problem as long as you will use the same license per role.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't think you need a licence to set up CPS.  It is part of BE.  However, you can confirm this with Symantec Licencing.

Do note that CPS may be "retiring" soon.  Check the Retiring Soon section in the SCL

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

Renato_Pereira
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Oh...

I found that information on the page 74 of http://www.symantec.com/business/support/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/137000/TECH137682/en_US/be_2010_scl.pdf.

>>>> Does anyone know if Symantec will provide a new software to replace CPS???

tks,

Renato P

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

there is no separate software/download for BUE CPS,its already included with the BUE 2010 that you have.

Mjahtetn
Level 6

Hello,

Here is an article I found about activating CPS:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125123

Thanks

believer
Level 2
Employee

Agent for Windows Systems licenses enables or activates the CPS/CPS features..