cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Exchange 2010 Information Store not Available under Selections

Soarhigher
Level 2
Recently migrated to Exchange 2010.  I only have the one 2008 server which it reside on so BE 2010 is installed on the same machine.  I have licensing for the Exchange Agent and SQL Agents.  However, when creating a Backup Job, the Information Store does not appear in the selection list.  BE will only run at night so I'm not too concerned about the performance hit.  Can I run BE on the Server 2008/Exchange 2010 Server and backup Exchange?

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified
http://support.veritas.com/docs/343488  ( Requirements for using the Exchange Agent  )

Note:
To protect Exchange 2010, you must install Backup Exec on a Microsoft Windows 2008 SP2 64-bit media server or a Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64-bit media server.

For Exchange 2007/2010, Exchange Management Tools must be installed. You can install both versions of the Exchange Management Tools on the media server.

The user account must be a member of the following groups:

• The Administrators group

• The Domain Admins

You must also use the appropriate Exchange server management utility to assign the user account the Exchange Organization Administrators role (2007) or the Exchange Organization Management role (2010).

Hope this helps.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,
Please, tell us where we need to install the Exchange Managment tools.
As I faced the similier problem , I called the Symantec Support  and they have updated the two file.
Do we also need to install some microsoft patch.

Thanks.
Mrinal

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If Exchange 2007/2010 is installed on server other than Media server (Backup Exec server) then Exchange Management Tool needs to be installed on the Media server. Also if you have installed any updated of Exchange 2007/2010 on the Exchange server then same update patches needs to be installed on the Media server so as to update the Exchange Management tool.

Soarhigher
Level 2
Sorry, still having problems.  I have a Microsoft Windows 2008 R@ 64-bit standard server (Am I missing something per the word "media", I'm assuming media server is simply the server Backup Exec gets installed on).  I'm running Exchange 2010.  I use the same domain administrator account for everything.  Obviously with only one 2008 machine with Exchange 2010 I have the appropriate Exchange Server Management tool.

In short, after reading the "Requirements for using the Exchange Agent" I believe I have those requirements covered.  Is there a way I can tell if the "Exchange Agent" is running?  I assumed it gets installed when I install backup exec and add the license key for "Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server".  Finally to confirm, can I run Exchange 2010 and Backup Exec 2010 on the same server?  What other troubleshooting things can I do to get exchange to show under my backup selections.

Thanks,