cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R2 - All Device Pool devices appear online instead of just the 1...;

Edward_Charles
Level 6

We've created a device pool with about 6 SATA drives (1 for each weekday) we rotate which has been working well until now.

Until now it would only show the drive online that was actually inserted and physically online that day, all others were offline which makes sense.

Now the problem is all 6 drives appear online even though only 1 of them is actually inserted. Then when I restarted the services it actually created the B2D folders for all the 6  devices on that 1 drive because they all "appear online" I guess.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

So I guess the only way to find out if it's resolved is to check this article once a week? and/or run the BE Live updates to see if a new patch is released?

At the top right of the page, you can click on a link to "subscribe" to that TechNote and can be EMailed when there is any news pertaining to it

In the meantime, you just have to remember to properly "initialize" any new drives you add to the pool

Edward_Charles
Level 6

Ok, thanks Ken,

We've done the subscribe thing and hope to hear something in the near future.

Yes in the meantime  I guess we'll have to make sure all removable drives have those files on it.

Regards,