cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 fails to backup Linux server

dohc97jun
Level 4

One of the servers I am backing up is a Linux server.  I created this backup job a long time ago and has been running great.  Problem started about 2 weeks ago. The backup job is configured to output it's job to tape.  I tried redirecting the job to a B2D folder with the same end result.  The error code I get is E000821.  Other backup jobs run just fine.  Looking at the job log, I can see that the server and target client get connected.  If I try creating a new backup job, the process hangs the BE apps when I browse the target server.  I tried stopping and restarting the BE agent with the same result.

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
What is your exact error message from Backup Exec ? And is your Linux server OS listed in the SCL of BE 2010R3 ?

dohc97jun
Level 4

It says the the job was recovered as a result of backupExec RPC service starting.

What do you mean by your second question?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Open the PDF of the SCL (Software Compatability LIst) of your version, and see if your LIinux distribution is listed:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/adminguides-scls-hcls-backup-exec-all-versions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

For the Backup Exec RPC service restarting, check this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49428

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you're going to post with 1 minute of your previous post, please edit that post to reflect the change...

Thanks!

dohc97jun
Level 4

I ran liveupdate. Then I went to the Linux server and stopped beremeote.  When I tried to restart beremote, it says that the remote agent is already running(?).

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried re-booting your Linux server?  Also, as previously suggested, you should check the SCL to see  that the variant of the Linux that you are running is supported.  If it is not supported, then you are out of luck.