cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 remote console on Win7 Dutch

PeterVroegop
Level 3

Hi,

We have a Windows 2003 server installed as backup server. The backup software is BE 2010 R3.

My PC has installed Win 7 Pro 64 bits (Dutch)

When I try to install the managment console of BE 2010 R3 it goes wrong.

The pre install test is passed, with non issue wich should block the install.

However when I install the software the install of Backupexec fails.

The log file gives the following message:

Installing on non-supported language. English version of SQL Express will be installed

Why do I have to install a SQL express on a computer which run only the console?

Best Regards Peter

2 REPLIES 2

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

1. Ensure that the Backup Exec Installation files are on the local disk.

2. Right-click on Browser.exe file and select 'Run as administrator'

3. If you have a setup ISO, attempt to mount the ISO file using a 3rd party utility and perform the installation.

4. During installation, make sure to select the "Install Remote Administration Console" option.

Nick_Elmer
Level 6
Employee

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear that your having this problem. From looking at your post and some things you list do not match up for me.

First, we currently ship Backup Exec 2010 R3 in 12 languages. From the error message your seeing above, it would indicate that your version of dutch is not the supported german platform we support. So, we would only allow an install of english on unsupported language platforms.

Second, The installer will only allow an install of the Remote Administrator Component(RAC) on Windows Vista/Windows 7 systems. If this is what you are installing, then we should not see SQL getting installed, as it is only used on the backup server. So, your question is dead on, you should not have to install SQL on this platform for the console(User Interface) only.

Third, I do not believe that we display the pre-install check dialog when installing the RAC. So, this leads me to believe that something totally unexpected is happening on your system! Would you be willing to contact me directly and provide me with your install logs for review? You can find the log by opening the following path on your run menu "%allusersprofile%\symantec\backup exec\logs", the file I would like to see is your bkupinst.htm file. You can contact me directly by clicking on my picture to the left of this post and selecting the "Send this user an email" option.

I look forward to your reply,
Nick