cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 unable to browse the folder in RHL server.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

We have the following infra.

Backup Exec 2010 R2 on Windows 2003 Ent. SP2 (32bit). As Master and Media server

RALUS of BE 2010 R3 installed on RHEL 5.4 64 Bit. As BE Client

We have installed the RALUS of BE 2010 R3 on the RHEL and its was successful. We have started the VRTUS** service in /etc/init.d

Restarted the backup service in the BE 2010 R2 server.

When we are trying to browse after adding the Linux server IP in the "User defined" section... I am getting the user authentication window to choose the user from.

I am giving the root user with correct password but still the authentication window  is poping up.

I have added the IP address and host name in the hots file in both the servers (linux and windows ).

Just to add this BE 2010 R3 server's IP address have changed but the host name remained the same.

And I am giving the host name in the RALUS configuration.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Backup Exec 2010 R2 on Windows 2003 Ent. SP2 (32bit). As Master and Media server

Why are you using a R3 RALUS when your media server is R2?  You should either upgrade your media server to R3 SP3 as previously advised or use the R2 RALUS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Firstly, try to upgrade Backup Exec to BE 2010 R3 SP3 as this has fixed a lot of issues. Have you tried using the account which was used to install RALUS.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why are you using a R3 RALUS when your media server is R2?  You should either upgrade your media server to R3 SP3 as previously advised or use the R2 RALUS.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

It's now working...

I have used the BE 2010 R2........... RALUS.

It workked thanks a lot...