cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Trial - adding licensing for remote agents

nbernhart
Level 3
I'm currently running the trial version of BE2010 and testing it with the AVVI agent for backing up guest servers in vSphere 4. When I try to deploy remote agents, I only have the option for RAWS and DLA... no Exchange, SQL or SharePoint agents are available. I chose these agents when installing the trial software, and I see that I can choose those items when building selection lists.

I have licensing for BE2010 Server (upgrade from 12.5) and also for the Exch, SQL and SP agents. I want to apply these on the media server so that I can deploy them, but I'm wary that the AVVI will become disabled as I do not yet have licensing for that agent.

Can someone tell me with certainty that the AVVI trial will continue to run even though the media server has been licensed?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
There aren't seperate agents for Exchange, SQL, SharePoint.  The remote agent includes everything needed.  When you install the licenses or eval these agents it just unlocks the functionality in the program.  So all you need to do is deploy the remote agent to the remote servers.

Can someone tell me with certainty that the AVVI trial will continue to run even though the media server has been licensed? It will continue to be available in Eval mode.  If you go to help / about / License information, that will show you how many days you have left.