cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Upgrade from 11d and LT04 Drivers

Linda_Lounsbury
Level 4

I am upgrading from 11d to BE 2010 and also upgrading to a new Tandberg LT04 StorageLoader.  I was using an LT03 with 11d, but it has died.  The LT04 is apparently not supported by BE 11d.  When I upgrade to BE 2010 will it automatically configure/update drivers for the LT04 device?

Thanks in advance for any help from the Forum.

Linda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes everything will retain intact.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB

Diring the installation of BE2010 devices are configured, you also get an option to install Symantec

drivers or Vendor drivers. You may also run Tapeinst.exe to install Symantec drivers for the device.

If you wish to configure the device manually you may click on Tools->Wizards->Device configuration.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24414

Linda_Lounsbury
Level 4

Thanks for the information.  I will proceed with the upgrade.  Do you know of any issues with doing an upgrade from 11d to 2010?

AmolB

Its a straight forward process. To be on a safer side just follow the steps.

1) Stop SQL server BKUPEXEC service.

2) Take a backup of DATA & CATALOGS folder (location :X\Program Files\Symantec\BackupExec)

3) Run the installation of BE2010  R2

4) Run Live update install all the patches

5) Update remote agents

Note: If anything goes wrong during upgrade process we can still rebuild the software using the

DATA & CATALOGS folder

Linda_Lounsbury
Level 4

So just to confirm, all of my jobs, selection lists, policies and catalogs will ported over to new version of BE during the installation of BE 2010?

Thanks, Linda

AmolB

Yes everything will retain intact.

Linda_Lounsbury
Level 4

Thank you.