cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 and CPS saving Exchange

andreas_bauer1
Level 2

I have a problem with install / configure Continuous Protection Server saving Exchange Server 2003.

Infrastructure:

Backup Exec 2010 R2 runs on an Windows 2003 Server

Windows Agent deployed to a different server windows 2003 with exchange Server 2003

Backup works with Exchange Agent.

------

Now i want to use Continuous Protection Server with Exchange Server.

I installed the Continuous Protection Server also on the server with backup exec 2010 R2 running.

When i create a backup job in Continuous Protection Server i can only choose folder or files.

I can't see the Exchange Information store oder Mailboxes.

For testing i'm using demo-licenses.

Has anyone a idea about my issue ?

thanks

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is the technote providing detail information about the configuring Exchange backups using CPS.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50991 : How to configure Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS) and Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) for a Continuous Exchange Backup job.

This technote also puts light on which agent should be installed on which server, how to configure and run the Exchange jobs, what data you will be able to see after the backups and how the restore would look like.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can't select individual mailboxes in the CPS and with the CPS you can only backup the logs from exchange. This can only be done from the Backup Exec console. IN the backup exec conole click on microsoft exchange and you have the option continously backup transaction logs with CPS.

So it is through the BE that you have to backup the logs from CPS not within CPS.

Sush---
Level 6

Here is the technote providing detail information about the configuring Exchange backups using CPS.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50991 : How to configure Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS) and Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) for a Continuous Exchange Backup job.

This technote also puts light on which agent should be installed on which server, how to configure and run the Exchange jobs, what data you will be able to see after the backups and how the restore would look like.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Are there any updates on this ??  I would appreciate if you can update the post from your end. If you have got the required Information please mark the appropriate response as Solution and close this forum post.

Thanks,

-Sush...

andreas_bauer1
Level 2

Hello Sush,

ist ok now.

For me it was unclear how the communication between CPS and exchange works.

Thank you for the solution.

Andreas