Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 missing selection list

Tero_Kovanen
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi,

When I installed the BE2010 mediaserver and remote agents I managed to make selection list normaly.
After I run live update and patches to BE mediaserver the selection list where I shoud see servers, drives etc.
I can see only the All Resources view and under that there is nothing at all.
On detail page I have my selections and I can edit that normaly, but in View by resource page is empty (except the all resources icon)

The Backup runs normaly.

Enviromet

Mediaserver

Windows Server 2008 STD SP2 32-bit
BE 2010 version 13.0 Rev 2896 32-bit

If I uninstall the BE2010 and install  it again without the patches the Resources page works just fine.

Any ideas how to get the Resource view back visible ?

BR. Tero Kovanen

SSE, SSP, STS

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Tero,

Are your services started correctly? That view you are getting happens at times when the services aren't all started.
I would start by checking those first...

Laters!

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

In the Devices TAB if the Server is Paused, if Paused right click and unpause it.

Tero_Kovanen
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi,

All backupExec services are running and it doesn't help if the services are restarted. Rebooting the server doesn't help eather.

All other functions works just fine.

From the services I noticed that patch was changed the service credentials to system account. I changed them back, but that didn't help.

BR. Tero

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Tero,

You don't perhaps have a CASO environment?
Have you considered removing the updates that were performed, and returning BEWS 2010 to its original installed state?

Laters!

SystemsAdminAS
Level 5
Tero,

In past versions of BE (we're using 12.5), my experience has been that agents frequently need published updates coinciding with Media server updates (though so far I have not had the same symptoms you describe).  I have not lost the views as you have, but updating the agents has been required to continue communication and backups..

Have you pushed any updates out to the agent(s) using the Bulk Agent Update utility?  If not available, have you tried copying the RAWS folder from your updated media server to the agent(s) and manually running updates?  Not sure how many updates BE 2010 may be requiring ATM....