cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 remote server backup normal on one server fast on other...

BE2010help
Level 2
What I had:

Physical Dell  PE 1850 server with Windows Server 2003 and BE 10d w/ Dell TL2000 backing up two remote servers on the same LAN connected to private GB backup network. Was getting 2900-3000 MB/Min on Full backups.

Setup a new VMware server 2008 R2 w/ BE 2010 version 13 Reb. 2896 (64-bit) (VM Host is a Dell PE R710, w/ VT enabled for DirectPath), and upgraded the RAWS on both remote servers. On one server I get 1186 MB/min & on the other I get 3435 MB/Min. This was right after I started running fulls on the new 2010 BE server. I've checked the RAWS agent on both servers and they are exactly the same configuration. I swapped cables and switch ports to the GB backup network and verified in the backup properties that both jobs are to run on the GB backup network. And I verfied this by watching the network packets while it was backing up, and in the logs it shows the GB backup IP addresses.

But to my surprise I can't get the other server to run faster than 1200 MB/Min. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

teiva-boy
Level 6
So your new setup is a Physical host that is a Dell R710, and your BE server is virtualized?  And you are still backing up the two initial servers like you did with the 10d installation?

BE2010help
Level 2
That's correct.