cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 tape driver

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
Can anyone provide a link to download the tape drivers for BE 2010?? I can't find it in the download area. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

__x_so_fab_x__
Level 3
Employee
There's no separate download for the tapedrives for BE 2010.
You may contact our Technical Support Team ( 1-800-634-4747 opt 1 ) for further assistance.....Ü

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
If you cannot find a drivers download, it indicates that there has been no new release of the drivers since Backup Exec 2010 released. The one that you have with the installation is the latest.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5

I installed BE before I connected my tape library to the server, so under Device Mgr,  the tape driver date is 2006.  I have the installation ISO file, extracted....is the driver a separate file within that? Thanks

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There will not be any separate driver file there, if you want to install symantec driver then please go to c:\program files\symantec\backup exec and look for a file name tapeinst and run that file, it will install the drivers and you might need to reboot

OR

click on tools - wizards - device configuration wizard and install the driver from there

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...as part of an installation, Backup Exec will detect any tape devices, and then ask if you want to install the drivers for it.

Alice: If you download the drivers from the superceded link that sazz sent you, you will be able to update your drivers. I am not sure why you were given advice to call Symantec support...it's there as plain as day =)