Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Agent for SQL?

tech001
Level 3

Hello everyone!

Quick three questions:

1. If I have BE 2012 installed and a SQL instance on my server do I need to have an Agent for Windows to correctly back it up or does the BE 2012 install do the same things as the agents?

2. Is the Agent for Windows the same as the Agent for Applications and Databases?? I'm a little confused about this. Should I have the Agent for Applications and Databases installed on my SQL servers instead of the Agent for Windows? Does it come with the Open File Options also? Or is the setup like the Agent for Applications and Databases only does the database and I'll also need the Agent for Windows???

3. Just making sure I have this correct, If I have BE 2012 installed on Server 1, I'll need to buy 3 licences if I want to install agents on 3 other servers or does one licence for Agent for Applications and Databases cover all servers? Probably a derp question but just wanted to check. :)

Thanks to anyone who helps!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

lukassc
Level 5
Partner

Have the same question, I have licence of Vmware and SQL but the only agent that I can install is the remote agent for windows...

I don't know what happend with this version.

tech001
Level 3

BUMP

lukassc
Level 5
Partner

I have the same enviroment. 

In BE2012 the agent for SQL is the Agent for windows. You just have to buy the licence of SQL and use the Agent for windows.

1 License SQL for each server.

1 License for Vmware for the Vcenter.

Regards!