cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Cannot Load Old Backup's

Jim_Hegarty
Level 3

Greetings,

I am having an issue when I am trying to restore an older Exchange backup, when in the restore wizard, I browse to the date range I need, but from a certain date and back, the restore dates all have a Yellow Triange on them and when I select the date, there is no Database to display on the right panel.

Do I need to update the Catalog to be able to go back to that old of a date?  If so how would I do that as I cannot find a way to enable the 'Catalog' button.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

There have been several hotfixes released for similiar issues... are you fully updated?

Jim_Hegarty
Level 3
I am currently at Ver 14 Rev 1798

lmosla
Level 6

More information needed - Is the Exchange server version the same? How about the Backup Exec version?  Have you ran a inventory and catalog?

was the backup to tape or to disk. If it was run a duplicate job to disk and try the restore again

Jim_Hegarty
Level 3

BE - I was able to find the list of updates that I have installed, and I had none, so I installed SP4, not sure if this update included SP1 thru 3 or not.

Exchange - I forced an update from BE to this server, so it should be on the newest update.

I am running the Inventory and Catalog now, I saw in the job history where a catalog job had failed previously.  I am waiting for this inventory to finish.

My backups go to tape, I currently dont have enough space to run to disk, will need to get an external drive for that test.

Thanks for your help.

CmdAtila
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue but restoring Files. I also have a support case open but it was escalated last week and I didn't have any response from then.  

EDIT: I will try the Duplication process to try to restore it from Disk.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes SP4 will include all patches till SP3.

Did the inventory finish? Any update on this yet?

Jim_Hegarty
Level 3

Ananya, sory for the delay in response, I was out sick.

Short answer is no, I have been trying to do the Inventory and Catalog option, inserted the first 8 tapes I thought I may need, it then started prompting me to add more single tapes, and finally the system bugged out on me and I had to cancel the job.  So during this process I have lost of days work of backup's because I had to put them all on hold to do the Inventory, not sure if it is worth it at this point.

I did adjust my catalog option from 8 weeks to 1 year, maybe this will help moving forward?

Thanks

lmosla
Level 6

try going to the Backup Exec button > Configuration and Settings > Backup Exec Settings > Catalogs

Check "Request all media in sequence"  Uncheck "Use storage-based catalogs"  and Uncheck "Request all media in sequence" 

Jim_Hegarty
Level 3

Uncheck or check "Request all media in sequence"?  You hav it both ways.

Thanks

lmosla
Level 6

I am sorry for not explaining...

often 'Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations' is already unchecked and the only way to uncheck 'Use storage-based catalogs' box isto first check 'Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations' and then afterwards you can Uncheck 'Request all media in sequence'

Jim_Hegarty
Level 3

No problem, I will try this.

Thanks