cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 - Failed to update a remote agent

mp2
Level 3

Hello I need help to update some remote agents.

After updating the console, some servers showed an icon indicating that had to be updated.  In such cases, the update was successful.

In the course of the day, reports emerged indicating that some agents should be updated, this time without icons. Not knowing what were the servers that needed updating, we start with anyone, but we find errors that we could not answer.

The message:

Job started     : Monday, September 03, 2012 10:28:43 AM
Job ended       : Monday, September 03, 2012 10:28:49 AM
Final error: 0x643 - Fatal error during installation.

Final error category: Other Errors
Completed status: Failed

The backs against these servers are running correctly. The credentials used are the same as those used for the installation of agents.

12 REPLIES 12

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Make sure the latest .Net Framework is installed on the remote server. If the latest version of .net framework is already installed, attempt to repair install/ uninstall-reinstall of .net framework and see it it helps.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Please try updating remote agent manually by doing local install, the following link shows different way of updating remote agent ,please use the 3rd way described in link below and then check remote agent version that is beremote.exe version on media server and beremote.exe version on remote server. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179142 Also check this too http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135837 Thanks

mp2
Level 3

Hi Backup_Exec, 3rd way did nothing

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi After updating remote agent manually ,you can configure the publishing manually by going to remote agent utility ,click on publishing and then enter the fully qualified name of media server and enter user name and password and that server should be listed in back up restore console. So you have not updated still have you check beremote.exe version on remote and media server. So after doing the 3rd step if it same then it is updated. Thanks.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...check and make sure that no firewall nor AV is blocking the installation. For the firewall, port 10000 needs to be opened on it if you need to run the FW.

If the AV, put in exclusions for beremote.exe which is the process that RAWS uses.

Thanks!

mp2
Level 3

Hello:

Backup_Exec
No files in the server RAWS only raws32.mst ¿?

CarigV

We tried without firewall and without AV

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Did you try the .Net Framework recommendations above?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi I presume you are saying on remote server you only see rads folder and one file under it that means you remote agent is not installed only on that server so updating is a later part ,why don't you install remote agent locally first by copying raws32 it remote server is 32 bit and rawsx64 folder if remote server is 64 bit and when you copy to root of C drive please install using setup.exe and then once installed you should see beromote.exe under draws directory for remote server. Also it would be good if you bit of more details on what exactly you trying to do which would help us in giving you exact solution for your query. Thanks.

mp2
Level 3

Backup_Exec,

It's a bit confusing this latest information.
On the server console I have no files in the RAWS folder. In the remote server yes,
in it where the agent is installed.

Bhavik,

No, the server met the requirements for server agent installation, this is not what I do on a production server, if nothing works, raise a virtual laboratory from this machine and test your suggestion. thank!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You have an error code 643 during your installation.  There is something wrong with your .Net installation.  Use this MS document to fix the problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

mp2
Level 3

Hello, after upgrading the server to the latest patch available (MS), continue to receive the error on the BE agent upgrade

Job started     : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:22:39 PM
Job ended       : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:22:45 PM
Final error: 0x643 - Fatal error during installation.

Final error category: Other Errors
Completed status: Failed

Abed_S_
Level 4

it is not possible that i am going to update manually all servers!??!!!

i am encountring this issue with all my servers.. i cannot update the agent.. i still receiving the error as above..?

any ideas?