cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 - Is it possible to specify 'only backup files created in last 24 hours'?

twshelpdesk
Level 4

Hi all,

I think the title says it all really.  Is it possible to specify my backup jobs so that they only backup files created within the last 24 hours (or a similar time period)?

Any help appreciated.

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

twshelpdesk
Level 4

I have decided to do this via file type, which hopefully will work for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. Right-click on the server,  use the exclude section and select file not assessed within a certain period. Also, check the Only modified file checkbox.

twshelpdesk
Level 4

Hi there, thanks for your reply but I am having some trouble finding this option.

Would you mind being a bit more specific please as I cannot find this option when I right click on the server (BE 2012).

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sorry.  Click on the Edit button on the left-hand pane which shows the selection list.  On the next screen, right-click on the server and select Include/Exclude.  There are various combinations.  You might have to play with the combinations to get what you want.

twshelpdesk
Level 4

Thanks.  I have had a look at the options and am struggling to work out exactly what I need.

The 'Files Dated:' option is too rigid as I am not looking to include/exclude files within a certain date period.

The 'Files not accessed in 'X' days' in intriguing but I am not 100% sure this is what I am looking for as 'files accessed' seems like an unusal phase to use.

twshelpdesk
Level 4

I have decided to do this via file type, which hopefully will work for me.