Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Optimize Dupliacation - PureDisk

biocide
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello

I need to be sure whether optimized duplication from BE 2012 Deduplication Storage Folder to Netabckup Pure Disk appliance will work.

BE admin guide and various tech documents says that optimized duplication is possible when we use devices from the same Vendor.
Backup Exec deduplication has Puredisk technology behind but so far I was not able to find any confirmation that it is possible ( again optimized duplication between BE 2012 DD storage folder and NBU Puredisk).

If some of You have some documents about it please share it.

I’m thinking about following implementation:

Few branch offices with BE 2012 DD Storage folder  plus one central location with BE as well and Pure disk attached using OST. All managed by CASO.
I want to replicate backups from branch offices to central location using optimized duplication.

What about GRT enabled backups ??  As far as I know there some limitation regarding GRT backups and its replication.

Thanks for any info

Regards
Jurek

2 REPLIES 2

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Jurek, I am not sure if this would work. By both devices from same vendor it typically means dedup hardware. Having said, BE deduplication engine is not the same as NetBackup Dedup engine.

teiva-boy
Level 6
2010 worked, but im not sure about 2012. Frankly PureDisk is a dead product. symantec is branching out and putting all the new technology into Netbackup then into BackupExec. For all intent and purpose, Puredisk is being killed off, in favor of more popular and better received products. Initial rollouts of PureDisk went really badly.. Some of that can still be seen in early builds of BE2010 and NBU7.0, which are built on PureDisk