cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 RAWS Trust Relationship w/BE Server Fails?

dsmith1954
Level 3

Got my legend and see that my BE server thinks my RAWS agent on one of my servers needs an update, however, they are both running the same version.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/legend-selection-pane-icons

When I run the BE Agent Utility, I see the agent published to the BE server. On the Security tab, I see a certificate. Everything looks good to me. For some reason the BE server thinks this server needs an upgrade. It doesn't display much information on the Details page of the server in the BE console. Credentials test good.

My main issue is that when I try to create a backup job for this server, the only thing I'm offered for backup are the shares on the server.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the agent, removing the publishing and security information with the agent utility, but nothing seems to help. When I edit the publishing information, I receive an error about not being able to establish a trust between the servers.

Trust Relationship.JPG

If I right-click this server in the BE console and tell it to update, the Job Status is Successful, but when I try to create a backup job, I get a browse failure.

Browse Failure.JPG

I remove the server from the console and try to add it back in, and it says it is successful. The BE console thinks the RAWS needs an upgrade, so I tell it to upgrade. And the cycle starts all over again, only this time the shares are no longer available.

I've searched Connect and Symantec TechDocs, but haven't found anything that helps. Anyone know how to resolve this problem? The BE server is 2012, v14.0.1798.1364 and the RAWS on the problem server is the same. Both are Server 2008 R2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dsmith1954
Level 3

Uninstalled, deleted all directories, and reinstalled the agent one more time. For some unknown reason this resolved the issue. I now have a backup scheduled for tonight. :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stop the Remote Agent service on this remote server and remove the .crt and .key files from the Data directory (Move it to an alternate location). Restart the service. From the BE server, right-click this remote server and choose "Establish Trust". If this fails, then will need a look @ the logs.

dsmith1954
Level 3

There are no .crt and .key files in the data directory. Also, nothing in the logs directory.

dsmith1954
Level 3

Uninstalled, deleted all directories, and reinstalled the agent one more time. For some unknown reason this resolved the issue. I now have a backup scheduled for tonight. :)

dsmith1954
Level 3

Apparently the RAWS agent is required to be installed on the C: drive. We don't normally install applications on the System drive because the System drive is for the System, not applications. Once I installed the RAWS agent on the C: drive, it started communicating with the BE server and I was able to take a backup last night.