Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 SP2 and Exchange 2010 SP3 on WIN 2012

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We have a BIG Problem, and we need a Solution very urgent. This is our error (short form):

V-79-57344-38761- Can not Backup, because GPT Partition found.

Our Infrastructur:

-) Exchange 2010 SP3 on Windows Server 2012 (WITHOUT GPT, WE DO NOT HAVE GPT!!!!!)

-) Backup Exec 2012 SP2 on Windows Server 2008 R2

-) We want to Backup the full VM with GRT

-) We have vSphere 5.1 (This is also supported, since SP2)

Does anybody has an idea? We have to Backup the Exchange. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you run diskpart followed by list disk on the Exchange server and pls post a screenshot.

Additionally, would you pls post the job log as well.

Colin_Weaver

Exchange 2013 GRT is not currently supported (either direct or during VM agent backups) as such to back this system up without error you may have to turn off GRT. The GPT error message may be based on one possible cause for the error with an unsupported (for GRT) version of Exchange being the other

We will support Exchange 2013 with GRT in a future version, currently only non-GRT is supported by SP2

Lothar_Müller
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello Collin

If this was helpful please mark this as solution.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...Exchange 2010 is supported with GRT; Exchange 2013 is currently not supported with GRT at all, but will be in a future release.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver

Oops my mistake - I won't correct my original message now as that would make other people's posts not make sense

Apologies for confusing things.

EDIT: As I can't find any internal information (other cases, engineering escalations etc) for anything like what the OP has posted, then a formal support case for us to look into the issue in a deeper way is likely to be needed.