cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Tape Dupe

tedkilroy1
Level 3

Hopefully the title is correct. I have a Robotic library with 2 magazines and eight slots in each. I already have it setup with each tape (6) having its own partition. Now I am tasked to make a copy of each tape to store it off site. Will that be a duplicate? I can edit a backup job and choose to "Add Storage"  and "Dupe to Tape".

If thats correct and the backup starts on the hour, would I have to create and start the Dupe to begin right after the original backup?

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Yes, you can add a duplicate stage by clicking on Add Stage under the backup job.  This can be schduled to run following the previous job.

take a look at this link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH187265

hopefully this helps

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the RL have 2 Tape Drives ? If yes, then you can add a stage 

If the RL just has 1 Tape Drive and 16 slots i.e. 2 magazine with 8 tape slots , then better to first backup the data to Backup to Disk folder and then duplicate twice from there to 2 different Tapes.

tedkilroy1
Level 3

If I follow TECH187265 would I have to create a new media set since I will choose partition 9 for the original backup job that uses partition 1?

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

If you want to protect them for different time period, then yes.