cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Test Run Job

Acuity
Level 2

Hello

Is there a way of adding email alert functionalty to a Test run, i have configured a scheduled one before the backup job runs.it was succesful but i would like an email too (to avoid me manually checking)

A prime example which happens quite alot is the designated Tape changer is off or sick or just forgotten, then i could contact them to advise there is no tape

Thanks all

ps Apoligies if the option is there and easy fix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It would be set up in the same way you'd set up notification from a normal backup job.

Create and schedule the test run and then configure the alert notification via email.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

It would be set up in the same way you'd set up notification from a normal backup job.

Create and schedule the test run and then configure the alert notification via email.

Thanks!

Acuity
Level 2

Thanks Craig

So ive created a new backup job and not selected anything under Backup selections. 

And i just selected a Test run, it wont let me create the Job as no items are selected

in my normal Backup job i have the notificatin set up to myself, are you suggesting that the Test run should also use the notificstion i have set.

sorry if im confusing matters

CraigV

You need to select something in order to run a job, be it a production backup or test run. Select what you want to and then do the test run.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I doubt a test run actually check the status of the tape drive.  For that, you should schedule an inventory job and you can get notifications of its status.  A failure would indicate that either the tape drive is offline or that there is no tape in the tape drive.