cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 - Trial Version

Jaco_Malan
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Are there any options or agents EXCLUDED for testing In Backup Exec 2012 Trial, or can all be on trial for 60 days?

(eg in BE 2010, some features like CASO ware not available for trial)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

CASO is available to evaluate in trial mode... And almost i can see all the options enabled to install in my backup exec installation (trial). Attached screenshot..

EDIT: Even with BE 2010 all the options are available to evaluate with trial version.If you install the core license, then you can't evaluate some options like CASO. If no license has been installed then all Agents and Options are available for trial 60 days.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Jaco,

I suspect this is still the case. But you will be able to see what options aren't available for use when you run through the trial licenses you'd like to activate.

Thanks!

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

CASO is available to evaluate in trial mode... And almost i can see all the options enabled to install in my backup exec installation (trial). Attached screenshot..

EDIT: Even with BE 2010 all the options are available to evaluate with trial version.If you install the core license, then you can't evaluate some options like CASO. If no license has been installed then all Agents and Options are available for trial 60 days.

Sergio_Romero
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Jaco,

Some options are not available for trial on BE2012, including FS and Exchange Archiving and Enterprise Servers; as Kiran said, CASO is actually available for trial. Are you looking for a special functionality on a trial period? MAybe we could schedule a demo for you if that's the case.

Here's the technote with the exact information:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179956

Let me know if you have any doubts.

sergio_romero@symantec.com

Ralf_Bernau
Level 3
Partner

The only thing not working is all regarding copy things from one server to the other. All other options are available in the trial version.

You will see them all, but most of them are not installed

Please remember that you need to mark them in during installation. You can do later as well by Installing options on the local Server