cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 V-Ray Edition

scott_tkit
Level 3

Hi.

Is BE 2012 V-Ray Edition a separate product to BE2012 or just another way of licensing BE?

Assuming it is just another way to license BE, if I purchase V-Ray Edition for my ESXi5 Servers can I still do Windows Agent and Application/Database Agent backups or do I have to use Host based solution?

If I license 8 ESXI Servers with V-Ray Edition what options/agents do I get? I understand i get AVVI, Dedupe, Ex, SP, SQL and AD. Do I get Enterprise Server (specifically CASO)?

Cheers

Scott

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have a read of this document

Licensing - Getting Started

scott_tkit
Level 3

Thanks but I have read the Licensing Guide many times before posting and I know it now uses ELS. 

It doesnt answer my first two questions and while it lists the Options/Agents with the V-Ray Edition I was just after conformation I would need to also purchase the Enterprise Option to allow me to use CASO.

No documentation I have read says you can still do guest based backups with V-Ray Edition. It only mentions Host based.

Cheers

Scott

teiva-boy
Level 6

Here is the BE2012 licensing guide in PDF format.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178479

Information overload, but also details exactly how you license vray and whats included with it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have provided this document earlier.

Petr_David
Level 2
Accredited

Yes, you still can do the in-guest backups using an agent. The V-Ray license allows you to install and use agents in VM's you have license for. The license covers both file system and app/db backups.

The ESO is not included in the V-Ray Edition, but you can purchase ESO as an option to V-Ray.