Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 and Dlink 323 2TB NAS

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello People,

I have a customer that wants to backup data from a Dlink NAS device usin BE 2012.

Normally, I would create B2Ds on the NAS and backup data to it and in turn backup those B2Ds to the new location.

I do not know if it is a SNAP. Do I need to purchase any remote agent for the NAS device as it does not support NDMP?

Your urgent response is required.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Nene,

To be compliant you need to purchase a RAWS agent as you're backing up data from the NAS.

If you enable user-defined shares within BE you would be able to point to the shares on the NAS and back them up like that.

If the NAS is Active Directory-integrated, this would make life a bit simpler as you'd simply use the current BESA and add it as a local admin on the NAS.

If not, you'd put in the NAS admin details within BE and use this when connecting to the NAS.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Nene,

To be compliant you need to purchase a RAWS agent as you're backing up data from the NAS.

If you enable user-defined shares within BE you would be able to point to the shares on the NAS and back them up like that.

If the NAS is Active Directory-integrated, this would make life a bit simpler as you'd simply use the current BESA and add it as a local admin on the NAS.

If not, you'd put in the NAS admin details within BE and use this when connecting to the NAS.

Thanks!

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi CraigV,

Thanks alot. I will try this out.