cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 and VMware Agent

Zwena
Level 2
I have the Problem with an BE2012 SP1a that i cant recover Files from am VM Backup. Only the VM i can recover complete. The Windows-Agent is installed and GRT is aktiv at the Job. No failure at the Job. Any Idea about an Solution ?
8 REPLIES 8

Zwena
Level 2
Is an VMware 5 Host and vCenter 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE 2012, Add the Virtual machine name in the Backup & Restore tab if its not showing up.

Then select that VM and click on restore and then it should show the individual files and folders for restore.

If its still not showing the items for restore even after adding the server then take a backup of small file from that VM using the remote agent and then it will show you all the previously backed up data for restore.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Vikas_Jain1
Not applicable
Employee

Hi,

I agree with pervious comment.

Thanks

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes, with Vmware you shoiuld add virual machine on "backup & restore" tab, and you can see the server and use the GRT.

NMC27
Level 3

There is an open issue with symantec for GRT via VMware....if you are using vCentre though. If accessing via ESX server its fine.

No fix has been found yet.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backupexec-2012-sp1a-vcentre-grt-still-not-working

We only see incomplete backup - cannot do GRT restore - but backup is OK of full machine

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you agree with the previous comment, give it a thumbs up.  Do not post a comment to say that you agree.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Do not repeat what has been said previously.  It does not contribute to the discussion.  If you agree with what is said previously, give it a thumbs up.

Zwena
Level 2
Hello, After Backup an small file with Windows agent, the recover over the vm backup with GRT ist Fine. Thx